I love Asian food! Low in carbs and high in protein, this recipe is excellent for lunch or dinner.
CHICKEN BREAST, CHOPPED 2 LBS.
GARLIC, CHOPPED 2 CUPS
SNOW PEAS 2 CUPS
RED, YELLOW, AND ORANGE BELL PEPPERS, CHOPPED 2-1/2 CUPS
RAW CASHEWS 1 CUP
EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL 1 SPRAY
BRAGG LIQUID AMINOS 4 TBSP
WATER 4 TBSP
TOMATO SAUCE/PASTE OR KETCHUP 2 TBSP
RICE VINEGAR 1 TBSP
COCONUT SUGAR 2 TBSP
MINCED GINGER 1 TBSP
RED CHILI PEPPER SAUCE 1 TBSP
ARROWROOT STARCH 1 TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN ONIONS TO GARNISH
- In a bowl, add ingredients for the sauce and whisk together.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, and spray with extra-virgin olive oil.
- When the skillet is hot, toss in garlic and sear for about two minutes.
- Add chopped chicken breast.
- Cook the chicken for about 6-8 minutes, or until the outside is seared.
- Next, toss in chopped bell peppers and sear for about three minutes. Stir the mixture with a wooden spatula.
- Slowly pour in the tomato sauce, stirring frequently.
- Toss in the raw cashews and stir.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy with brown rice or quinoa!
Serving size: 1 bowl
Recipe yields 6 servings
Fat: 13 g
Carbs: 17 g (3 g fiber)
Protein: 38 g
Recipe courtesy of Bodybuilding.com