The meal below is great for dinner or post cardio; as there are no starchy carbs (e.g. rice, noodles, potatoes etc). As a general rule, starchy carbohydrates in the evening; when most people have dinner, can be counter productive to fat reduction or to keep fat off. And, post cardio, starchy carbs are not needed for replenishment (unless your cardio session was long duration, 50 minutes +, or high intensity).
Pike is a great source of protein and is low in fat. Eat with asparagus or another vegetable, and you’ll have a fat burning mix! Below is a recipe to add to your home cooking repertoire.
- 2 Walleye Pike Fillets
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp Palm Oil
- 2 tbsp Almond Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Directions for Fish
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat.
- Coat skillet with 1-2 tbsp of palm oil.
- In a pie dish, add almond meal, sea salt, and pepper to your liking.
- Coat fish with almond meal breading.
- Pre-heat skillet; add in fillets.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
Directions for Asparagus
- Preheat a second skillet.
- Coat with 1-2 tbsp almond oil.
- Add asparagus to skillet.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until sizzling, then reduce heat to low until asparagus is tender, not mushy. This takes approximately 12-20 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over both fish and asparagus when done.
Total Fat: 86g
Total Carbs: 33g
Recipe courtesy of Bodybuilding.com